Invisalign Clear Braces
San Francisco Invisalign Dentist
Your smile is your introduction to the world. Although many people are happy with the smile they have, Ii you are tired of looking in the mirror and being disappointed by a crooked, crowded, or unevenly spaced smile, then Invisalign may be the perfect option for a smile that is beautifully yours.
Invisalign was designed as an alternative to the glued-on, sharp, brackets of traditional braces. For many people, the idea of having a mouth full of metal and wires is so unappealing or embarrassing that they would rather live life with a smile that they are unhappy with than have their teeth straightened and aligned. Thankfully, with Invisalign’s unique technology, Piedmont dentist Dr. Bernstein can give you the beautiful, straight smile that you have always wanted without the discomfort, inconvenience, or even embarrassment often associated with metal braces.
Invisalign clear braces provide many advantages over traditional orthodontic braces, including:
- Removable – The clear plastic shells used in Invisalign can be removed so that you can eat whatever foods you like.
- Fast – Invisalign braces can usually improve your smile in less time than traditional braces.
- Comfortable – Invisalign aligners are made out of a smooth plastic, so there are no abrasions or irritations like with metal braces.
- Better Oral Hygiene – Since you can remove Invisalign aligners, you can continue with your normal dental hygiene regimen.
- Fewer Office Visits – You spend less time in the dental office with Invisalign braces because you only have to see Dr. Bernstein about every six weeks and the visits are fast and easy.
- Invisible – Invisalign can be used without anybody noticing.
If you are interested in Invisalign, make an appointment for a consultation. During your initial Invisalign consultation, Dr. Bernstein will discuss your goals and will examine your teeth to determine if Invisalign is right for you. If Invisalign is your best option, Dr. Bernstein will make an impression of your teeth. We will send this impression to Align Technology where they use a 3D computer to create a series of shells, called aligners, which will move your teeth into the proper position over time.
Once the aligners are created, they are sent back to Dr. Bernstein who will make sure they are a proper fit for your mouth. You should wear each aligner over your teeth for 20 – 22 hours each day for a couple weeks. After an aligner has been used for a couple weeks, you will switch to the next aligner in the series. Over time, your teeth are gently moved into the perfect position, leaving you with the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
During your visits with Dr. Bernstein, he will check your teeth to ensure that they are moving into their correct positions. If you lose an aligner for some reason, we will create a new one for you.
To find out if Invisalign braces are right for you, please contact Dr. Bernstein today in our San Francisco area cosmetic dentistry office to schedule your initial Invisalign consultation. We just know you’ll be smiling brighter the moment you make the call.